STUDYING AT THE FACULTY
Types of stays possible
ADMISSION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- UdeM Admission for foreign students
- Studying at the UdeM in an exchange program
- Enrolling at the UdeM in a Research program
- Direction des affaires internationales (DAI) and Bureau des étudiants internationaux (BEI)
MODIFICATION OF CONTACT INFORMATION
Please make sure to update your contact information on the "Centre étudiant" website (centreetudiant.umontreal.ca). It is important to add your personal email address in order for the UdeM to be able to contact you after the end of your studies.
NOTICE: If you are a student AND an employee, you must modify your contact and emergency information on the Centre étudiant website.
Upload your required immigration documents to your Student Centre (Tasks tab) before February 1st.
After this date, you will be permanently be deregistered by the Office of the Registrar.
Each international student has a different immigration situation and Bureau des étudiants internationaux (BEI) is the service responsible for accompanying and guiding your enrollment process at the UdeM.
The BEI also provides information sessions. For BEI briefings, please see this link.
More information on the immigration process along with additional information as to which documents are needed is available Here.
Living in Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec
LIVING IN SAINT-HYACINTHE, QUEBEC
Downtown : The city center is known for its historical architecture and its rich and vibrant community life. For information on the various activities, events and services available please visit:
VIRTUAL TOUR OF SAINT-HYACINTHE AND ITS SURROUNDINGS:
LIVING IN QUEBEC
Day-to-day life in Quebec:
More information at the BEI website
- Local and regional : ville.st-hyacinthe.qc.ca/services-aux-citoyens/transport-collectif
- (200) Towards the Montreal, /Longueil subway station.
- (300) To downtown Montreal, Mansfiled terminal: exo.quebec/en/trip-planner/bus/CITVR/200/1
- Train to downtown Montreal, Place Bonaventure Terminal : viarail.ca/fr/decouvrez-nos-destinations/gares/quebec/saint-hyacinthe
- Montreal subway : stm.info/en/info/networks/metro
- Car sharing network :
Off-campus housing office
- Select Banque de logements
- Authentication with identification code and UNIP
- Select Saint-Hyacinthe in the field labeled Quartier
Facebook Group: Réseau de partage d'appartements/colocation – FMV
- Public group, created by students
- Please do not give personal information as this is a public group. Use the information on this page to find offers or for research.
- Fall: 1st week of September
- Winter: 1st week of January
- Summer: 1st week of May
- Fall: October 15
- Winter: February 15
- Summer: June 15
Make sure that you pay your tuition fees at the beginning of each quarter, before the deadline dates. * Failing to pay tuition fees before the deadline dates will result in interest charges added to your bill. Furthermore, not paying tuition fees may result in becoming de-registered to your courses and research during the next quarter.
Consult your tuition fees bill on your Centre étudiant. You have to print it because when you open it once, it will not be available after.
Pay through your financial institution. The reference number is your student number or matricule in French.
For information on making tuition fee payments : registraire.umontreal.ca/droits-de-scolarite/payer-une-facture/
Tuition fees are determined by :
- Citizens of Quebec, French citizens or international students who have obtained a full UdeM exemption scholarship
- 2nd cycle, Master and Residency
- 3rd cycle, Doctorate
Registration status, per quarter
- Full time, part time, editorial, correction
- Correction status, no tuition fees charged, only management and association fees
Along with tuition fees, various fees may be added. For more information please consult your Student Center (Centre étudiant) for further details.
Tuition fees calculator : registraire.umontreal.ca/droits-de-scolarite/calculateur-des-frais-de-scolarite/
For more information, consult your Student Center (Centre étudiant) : registraire.umontreal.ca/droits-de-scolarite/
COLLECTIVE INSURANCE PLAN
Health and dental care
As a student at the UdeM and member of the student association FAÉCUM :
- If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, you are automatically covered by the health insurance and by the dental care insurance.
- If you are an international student, this health insurance does not apply to you. However, you are automatically covered by the dental care insurance, but you can unsubscribe from this dental care insurance. More information is available here.
NOTE : You can cancel permanently or on an annual basis.
Toll Free: 1 866 795-4432
QUEBEC HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
All international students present at Université de Montréal are automatically enrolled in a group health insurance plan.
Quebec has bilateral agreements with 10 countries (Romania, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxemburg, Norway, Portugal and Sweden) allowing free health care.
To have access to it, you must apply for this insurance plan at the RAMQ
You can proceed in two ways:
- Go to the RAMQ with the required documents, and request the letter of eligibility that will be given to you immediately. You will then receive a card a few weeks later attesting to your coverage.
- Call RAMQ to request an application form: 1-800-561-9749. Within 5 to 7 days you will receive a kit at home with instructions. Then go to the CLSC with the required form and documents to submit your application.
CLSC des Maskoutains
1015 Gauthier Street,
Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, J2S 8T2 tel: 450 778-2572
*It is important to request an attestation of your "demand of coverage" at the RAMQ and send this attestation to the BEI : firstname.lastname@example.org.
more information on your eligibility and how to apply at this link or at BEI.
Scholarships and financial assistance
Scholarships provided by government organisms (mostly for Canadian citizens and permanent residents)
- IRSC (Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada) / CIHR (Canadian Institutes of Health Research)
- FRQ (Fonds de recherche du Québec)
- CRSNG (Conseil de recherche en sciences naturelles et génie) / NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada)
- FRQNT (Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies) – (étudiants étrangers aussi / Foreign students can apply to some scholarships)
- VANIER - (étudiants étrangers aussi / Foreign students can apply to some scholarships)
- Bourses d’exemption UdeM / UdeM exemption Scholarships
- Bourses de maîtrise pour les candidats canadiens non-résidents du Québec (D) / Master’s scholarships for Canadian applicants not resident in Quebec (D)
- Bourses pour étudiants internationaux (PBEEE)/ Scholarships for international students
- Fin d’études de maîtrise et de doctorat / End of master or doctoral studies
- Passage accéléré au doctorat / Accelerated transfer to doctorate
- Accès direct au doctorat/ Direct access to doctorate
- Maternité pour étudiante au doctorat/ Maternity for doctorate student
- Bourses d’excellence à la maîtrise et au doctorat (donateurs)/ Excellence scholarships for master and doctorate students.
Scholarships from the FMV
- Excellence d’admission à la maîtrise
- Excellence au Ph.D. (2e année) / Excellence for doctorate students (2nd year)
- Financement intégré partiel
- Rédaction (été, automne, hiver) / (writing: summer, fall, winter)
- Recrutement pour excellents candidats en recherche / Redaction Recruitment for excellent research students
- Soutien financier / Financial help
- Bourses d’été pour étudiant inscrit simultanément à un programme de D.M.V. et M.Sc. / Summer scholarships for students who are registered in a D.M.V. and a Master’s program
- Bourses de rayonnement / Graduate Research Enhancement and Travel Award
The announcements will be done by email.
Funding for international projects
Bourse Joe Rhéaume : Internship in public health and on the impacts of animal production on ecosystem and animal health.
Bourse Régina DeVos : Internship on protecting and improving the human health of people in need
More links :
STUDENT FINANCIAL HELP
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Help request (simulation)
- No deadline, you have 6 months after the end of your studies to do a request (retroactive).
- Other : loans and bursaries for part-time students, allowance for visual brace and special needs.
- Work-studies program
- UdeM: email@example.com, tél.: 514-343-6145, baf.umontreal.ca
EXAM SUPERVISOR POSITION
- The opportunity are posted once a year in August
- Good understanding of French
- Only for students in DMV-M.Sc. and 2nd and 3rd cycles
- Salary and union information : rh.umontreal.ca/fileadmin/ressourceshumaines/documents/conventions_et_ententes/convention_collective_SESUM.pdf
- You will be required to follow a short training session
- You will be invited to choose your exams supervision (first arrived, first served)
- Contact : Secrétariat des affaires étudiantes
Bureau de valorisation de la langue française et de la Francophonie (BVLF)
- Tools, materials, resources and available french courses
French linguistic mentorship program
- 2h / 24 weeks (48h), free personalized mentoring
- Antonin Rossier-Bisaillon firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6h, written French, 50$, French language help center
- CAF: www.cce.umontreal.ca/caf.htm